Sunday, March 30, 2014

Old to new, yarn addiction, new hooks, and coming soon.

Yesterday, we had to stop at the craft store to get some fabric so I could cover our old throw pillows. Two years ago, we got a used couch free. The seams were all tore up and the pillows were tore up as well. I threw a blanket over it and called it good. About 3 weeks ago, we sold it on a yardsale site for a few bucks, but I kept the pillows! I had a vision for the pillows to go with our new sectional. Yesterday, we stopped and purchased the fabric and when we go home, I fixed them up!

They look pretty good if I do say so myself!


Before...
After...

I might have a slight addiction to yarn. Might. I'm not really admitting to anything! But, I probably have enough yarn to cover any project I choose for like the next 20 years, or so :/ That's normal, right? I mean, don't all crafters have an excess of supplies for their craft?
Do you know how hard it is, how much restraint it takes to throw me into a craft store and NOT buy any yarn... a lot, it takes a lot.

Anyhow, when we stopped at the craft store, I felt the need for some new yarn. I walked through the yarn section... seeing all those gorgeous colors... feeling all those amazing skeins of yumminess...
I seriously had a hard time not buying any, but I was successful as I walked out without buying any yarn!
Want to see what I did buy tough ;) 2 new hooks, some stitch holders, and some bobbins!


See those two new hooks? Those are afghan hooks. I'm in the process of attempting some afghan hooking, lol, but first I have to teach myself some of the stitches.

Along with my Rainbow Wave lapghan, and my super secret project, I'm trying to pick this up too. So that's my "what am I working on" picture for today! This is literally my first attempt at this!

And again, I have nothing yet to teach you, but I will, soon! I think I'll share some other crafty type things I've been working on as well!












No comments:

Post a Comment